Office Land Surveyor Technician
The Survey Technician works with a team of engineers to assist in the preliminary and final engineering stages. Supports the Land Survey Department in development of survey plan documents for projects. Drafts survey maps, topographic maps, and plat and legal descriptions. Works with standard CAD specifications, dk standards, and requirements of government agencies.
- Assists with boundary, topographic surveys, boundary surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, and construction staking calculations.
- Drafts digital files using the appropriate CAD software.
- Updates drawings and CAD files as directed by project managers.
- Shares lessons and skills learned with less-experienced staff.
- Assists with calculations and staking plots.
- Performs drafting for projects, including enlarging or reducing drawings to fit a specific scale.
- Researches data at local, state and federal agencies to identify legal boundaries and property lines.
- Creates exhibits and cutsheets for survey crew’s field staking.
- Strong technical abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and time management.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Tools.
- Degree in Land Surveying or Geomatics.
- Licensing and Certification: LSIT preferred