Entry level Engineer position which is non-managerial and receives close supervision on all aspects of assignments.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Entry Level Civil Engineer with strong technical ability to assist with many aspects of design in land development and municipal civil engineering.
The successful candidate will apply engineering principles including critical thinking, analysis, and technical knowledge to solve design problems and develop knowledge of general design standards and agency requirements for plan preparation.
- The design of residential subdivisions, shopping centers, apartment complexes, and similar large developments.
- The associated tasks will include the design of mass grading, fine grading, streets, sewers, storm drains.
- Calculations for hydrology & hydraulics.
- Earthwork quantities and quantity estimates.
- The drawing of exhibits, cross-sections, and profiles.
- Preparation of technical memoranda and reports.
- Performing data entry and analysis.
- Verifying all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Submitting and processing plans for approval through the various agencies having jurisdiction over the project.
- Coordinating with clients, agencies, and other consultants to process the project plans for approval.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients and the project team.
- Be highly motivated, articulate, and self-starting.
- Be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, be familiar with AutoDesk AutoCAD and Civil 3D software, and preferably have 0-2 years of working experience in the field of civil engineering.
• Collects data and gathers information or documents.
• Performs standard computation or analysis.
• Prepares drawings and visual aids.
• Observes construction activities.
• Performs basic engineering and survey work.
• Work Experience: 0+ Years
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Licensing and Certification: Engineer in Training, Engineering Intern